Monday, January 14, 2013

SAFE ICE FORMING ONCE AGAIN!!!

Greetings All:
Once again, after the brief rains and warmer weather which played heck with local ice conditions it's getting cold enough to get safe ice forming once again. Now with that said, always check your location for safety before venturing out. 

I have been fishing some of my favorite local farm ponds and have been having excellent results for both crappie and bluegill. With the use of my Aqua-Vu 760cz underwater color camera I have been finding the fish have been suspending in open water rather than holding on structure. With it's depth readout and temperature readout, I have not used my depth finder at all to locate fish. The camera has been a big improvement in both locating and also catching the fish through the ice for me. 

Both species taking larvae type baits fished on small jigs. Once fish located it's a matter of just getting the bait down to them. It seems that very little to no movement has been what the fish have been wanting. Excess movement seems to spook them. Experiment to see what they want on your particular body of water. Good luck, be safe and enjoy the great ice fishing going on right now on a farm pond near you.

Regards:  Lastcast     Mike Cyze     lastcast13@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment