Saturday, January 26, 2013

HOT FARM POND FISHING A REAL BLAST!!!

Greetings All:
 Local farm ponds throughout the Tri-States Area are continuing to produce some great ice fishing. After the Radio Show yesterday I headed to one of my favorite farm ponds for some night time crappie action. Wow!! The fish were in a biting mood as my friend and I landed slab crappie after slab. The fish were suspended 3 foot down under the ice are were hungry. Glow Demon jig's tipped with a wax worm took all the fish.  We kept a few for the frying pan and all others were released to fight another day. 

This morning I headed to another farm pond and the Bluegills were also very hungry. On this rather mild day no ice shanty was needed as the Sun felt really good on my body. Small Rat Finkie jigs tipped with spikes did the trick here. After a few hours of great action it was time to head home for my "Honey-Do" stuff. If the predicted ice storm does not happen tomorrow, I'll be right back out fishing the great farm pond bite that's going on right now.

Regards & Good Fishing:  Lastcast  Mike Cyze  lastcast13@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment