Wednesday, October 3, 2012

LAST CANADA TRIP OF THE YEAR JUST COMPLETED!!!

Greetings All:
Well, glad to be back in my own bed after my last trip to Canada for this year. It was a busy few days with stops in Hudson Bay for some great goose hunting and then on to the wonderful Canadian Bush country for some fantastic late season fishing on land owned by the Great Cree Nation.

The hunting was superb with some truly nice big geese bagged. Hunting from ground blinds right on the shores of Hudson Bay is an experience to enjoy. Lots of quality birds were available and had much of the hunting area all to myself as I was hunting on private land that is well regulated by allowing only a small number of hunters. Fortunately I am one of the lucky ones to have been invited. 

From Hudson Bay it was off to the Canadian Bush country for some wonderful late season angling. Although the temperatures were on the cool side during the day and cold at night, the walleye, northern and big lake trout all cooperated. Many nice fish in the over 25+ pound range were taken and released to fight again. Some of the nice eater sized walleye were kept for those great Canadian shore lunches I love so much. The bigger walleye were returned safely to fight another day. 

With my Canadian fishing season over for this year I must say how blessed I am to be able to fish and hunt in that great country. Special thanks goes out to the Great Cree Nation for there wonderful hospitality and treating me as one of their own while giving me the great privilege to share the wonderful bounty their lands have to offer.  Your kindness and acceptance by the Cree Nation is truly wonderful. I look forward to the Spring of 2013 when I can once again hunt and fish with my lifetime Cree friends.
May the cold winds of the coming seasons quickly give way to the warming winds of another Spring. You are all in my thoughts till we meet again.

Regards:  Lastcast     Mike Cyze     lastcast13@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment