Monday, May 11, 2015

THE "SILVER BULLETS" ARE ON THE BITE!!!!!

Greetings all;
Just wanted to let everyone know that the White Bass bite on the Mississippi River in Pools 11-12 & 13 has been great. Without a doubt this has been one of the best Spring runs in many years with lots of nice big fish available. 
This last week I have had the best success using a 1/4th. ounce, all white hair jig and casting to the fish. I tie my own hair jigs and the all white color has been driving the fish crazy. Best action has come fan casting areas like steep tapering, rocky shorelines, and wingdams. I have also had great success fishing big sand flat areas down river from river bends. Thoroughly work the area by casting at a 45 degree upstream angle and let the jig drift down river as you retrieve it. I have not been using any type of trailer on my jig but if you wish you can attach a 2" twister tail of the same color to your jig to give it a bulkier appearance. 

With fish close to the three pound mark available, this is shaping up to be one of the best early run of these "Silver Bullets" that I have seen in quite a while. Hopefully you can get out and enjoy before the fish move into their Summer holding patterns. I do look for the current pattern to hold up for at least another 3 weeks or more, pending any drastic weather changes in river conditions.

Till next Time, Take Care and I'll see You On The Water...........

Regards: Lastcast   Mike Cyze   lastcast13@yahoo.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment