Sunday, July 27, 2014

WINGDAM WALLEYE BITE STARTING!!!

Greetings All;
 Well, even though the river is still somewhat stained in water clarity, there is a decent bite starting for some walleye on the wingdams. 

Fished Pool-12 and did fairly well dragging lively nightcrawlers on a crawler harness. I make my own style crawler harnesses but you should be able to use store bought harnesses and have success also. The walleye I caught were nice healthy fish and hit very hard. There were no "short strikers" at all. I also used another rig I fish a lot and had equal success. I use a small, gold salmon egg style hook and back troll a juicy crawler on a three-way rig. Hook the crawler once through the nose, use about a 3 to 4 foot leader and your ready to go. Make sure you have a heavy enough dropper weight to keep constant bottom contact. Vary your trolling speed till you find what the fish are looking for. I found 1-1/2 mph., worked well for a starting point. 

The wing dam bite is there and getting better. Hopefully you can get a chance to get out and enjoy.

Regards: Lastcast   Mike Cyze   lastcast13@yahoo.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment