Friday, May 16, 2014

AMAZING FRIDAY MORNING ON THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER!!!!!

Greetings All:
Well, it is hard to believe with the Mississippi river in such sad shape from flooding, but here is what happened this morning.

I headed out for a few hours of fishing and decided to check some areas I have fished for years in Pool-13. I really did not expect much but boy, was I surprised. I found an area down river from Bellevue, IA that contained huge amounts of walleye that were very eager to bite. In the hour or so I stayed there, I caught walleye after walleye, all big fish to boot. With the river in it's current flood stage, these fish were schooled up and the catching was fast and furious. After about an hour and a half of great walleye fishing I headed home with the biggest smile on my face, and a few walleye for the frying pan.

As I was heading back to the dock, I thought about all those folks that are fishing the Walleye tournament tomorrow out of Bellevue and how they would love to know where this spot is. Well, I'm heading back there in the morning, knowing the fish will be stacked like cord wood again. Walleye after walleye, eager to bite. Without a doubt, enough big fish to win most tournaments, let alone one with the current river conditions. Hopefully those tournament anglers won't spot me out there and crash the party, LOL. Good luck folks in the tournament and I'll save a few for you all, that is if you can find this spot just loaded with many big Walleye.

Regards: Lastcast  Mike Cyze  lastcast13@yahoo.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment