Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WHAT A GREAT DAY ON THE RIVER!!!!

Greetings All:
Well, with the mild day today it was just to nice to stay home. With that in mind I hit the Mississippi River for a few hours of fishing. While most boats are still fishing the tailwater area by the dam, I headed down river to a spot that has produced for me many times over the years in the Spring. After making the 8 mile run I found conditions just perfect. Nice current combined with good structure and an inflowing stream of water made conditions just what I hoped for. 

After tying on a 1/4th. ounce jig and a 3" plastic shad body, I started casting the area. It did not take long for a nice fat walleye to engulf my bait. After a nice fight a chunky 4 pound walleye was caught and then gently released to fight another day. In a few hours of fishing and never leaving that spot, I boated over 25 healthy fish, both walleye and sauger. I did keep a few for the pan but all others were released safely. 

With the weather getting better, hopefully you can make some plans to get out on the Mississippi and enjoy some great fishing that is going on right now. Search out the types of spot I mentioned above and you will find fish there.

So get that boat ready for what is shaping up to be a great Spring of fishing on the old Mississippi river.

Regards: Lastcast   Mike Cyze,,,lastcast13@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment