Saturday, February 16, 2013

HOT FISHING ON THIS COLD DAY IN DUBUQUE, IA. !!!!

Greetings All:
Well, headed out to the tailwaters up in Dubuque earlier today and am I glad I did. Not many boats out but lots of nice fish available. I started on the Wisconsin side of the river by fan casting 1/4th ounce jig/minnow rigs near the fishing barge and caught some nice sauger. The area between the barge and the dam was producing best. Make sure your tight to the bottom or you will not get bites. I them moved across to the Iowa side and fished the lock wall. Here sonars worked slowly took a few nice fish also. The key was to not work the sonar fast like most anglers do.  Just use a slow lift and fall presentation for best results. 

It was a cold day but the fishing was red hot!!!  Tomorrow forecast to be warmer so I'm hoping to get out and try my luck again. If you head out and see the Alumacraft in the area, stop by and say hello.

Regards:  Lastcast   Mike Cyze   lastcast13@yahoo.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment