Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WHITE BASS IN DECEMBER?? YOU BETCHA!!!

Greetings All:
Well, with this very unusual December weather we have been having, the fishing on the Mississippi River continues to amaze me. 
I was out for some walleye and sauger this morning and while fan casting jigs in one of my favorite downriver spots, I started to catch some really huge white bass. I was casting an all white, 1/4th ounce hair jig and the fish were going crazy over it. Normally my last white bass fishing ends by the end of October but this mild weather has even the fish confused. This time of the year these white bass are usually in their deep water Winter homes waiting for Spring. But this year it is not that way. After catching over 30 of these big fighters with some exceeding 3 pounds, I kept a few for the frying pan and all others were released to fight another day. 

So besides the walleye and sauger I caught, these big white bass were a bonus. Believe me, it made for an exciting morning on the river

As long as the river remains open, I'll be out there in search of the wonderful bounty the Mississippi River has to offer the angler. Hopefully you also can get out and enjoy.

Regards:  lastcast     Mike Cyze     lastcast13@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment