Saturday, March 31, 2012

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT SOME, "FARM POND MAGIC"!!!

Greetings All:
I just wanted to tell you about some "Farm Pond Magic" I had the chance to experience the other night.  I headed to one of my favorite local farm ponds with the hopes of just getting a few strikes. Well, let me tell you what happened next.

I brought my ultra-light set-up, 5' rod, 4 pound test line and an assortment of my own made jigs. 
After tying on a 1/16th ounce round head jig with a bright orange head I added a 1 1/2 " bright white twister tail to the jig. After checking my knot it was time to start fishing.

As I sat on the old, rickety dock I cast the jig to open water. As I started my retrieve, BANG, a hard strike and it was fish on. As I reeled in the fish it was a very respectable white crappie of approximately 12" in length. Well folks, to make a long story short, on the next 12 casts with that small jig and twister I hooked and released 12 more slab crappie. Fortunately for them I was not keeping any fish for the pan. I released them all to fight again and told them that in the future, "I'LL BE BACK" !!

As a footnote, I also caught some very nice bass and hybrid sunfish also after my great crappie run.  One thing for sure, I already have plans to head back today and try my luck again.

So if you love fishing farm ponds that contain fish, get out and enjoy some great fishing. These somewhat little ponds can hold some very large fish.   

Regards:  Lastcast,     Mike Cyze            lastcast13@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment